ICT has become integral part of life, the initiation of information and technology has made tremendous changes in 21st century. All the fields of the life are influenced by this digital phenomenon. The advent of ICT in teaching and learning helped to improve quality of education where teaching and learning eventually became an engaging active process related to real life. ICT is helping everybody to fulfill all kind of needs, as a result ICT learning is not limited to four walls of the classroom, and information transmission takes place even outside the classroom. ICT is providing good opportunities to develop teachers to transform the teaching methodology to meet individual needs.
Since,
ICT can be use as a tool to perform calculations, draw graphs, and help problem
solving. The most obvious example of using ICT is during an illustrated,
various mathematical images of geometry can be presented to the students using
a projector. The use of two- dimensional imagery will give an obvious idea and
can help a student to understand.
I have designed this PowerPoint presentation as an information tools on describing and identifying 2-D Shapes on Mathematics textbook for class two where students grasp information through listening to the nursery rhymes and then they have to do the activity given in the PowerPoint presentation.
Creation of the materials
So, I have designed an activity on describing and identifying 2-D shapes for grade two students with the aim of understanding and correctly identify properties in each of a range of 2-D shapes. In this activity, I have open the Microsoft PowerPoint and made the presentation. Then I have inserted the shapes from the tool bars and drawn the shapes and I colored it all shapes differently in order to make enjoyable, easily understand by the students and to have their learning really fast with using nursery rhymes. I even drew the shapes in Microsoft Word and then I wrote rhymes describing each 2-D shapes. In this video, I have downloaded the nursery rhymes and recorded on my phone. Then I have insert audio record on my Power point. From that video I am sure that students will get an idea of 2-D shapes and they feel more enjoyable to learn better.
Class: Two Subject: Maths Topic: Describing and identifying 2-D shapes
Nursery Rhymes
(two-dimensional shapes)

I
am a square, square; you can see me everywhere,
I
have four sides; I am a square, square.
I
have only one side; I am a circle round and round.
I
am a triangle, triangle; I am a pointed little shape,
I
have three sides; I am a triangle, triangle.
.
I am a rectangle, rectangle; I go along Square,
I
have four sides, two sides longer than other two; I am a rectangle, rectangle.
We are shapes, you can see us everywhere.
How and when to use teaching materials
By using the ICT informative tools, I have first introduce the 2-D shapes on the screen with graphics. After that, I will show a short video clip on describing and identifying 2-D shapes. I want them to listen carefully and watch the short video and take some notes from the video. After that I will let students to do a short learning activity. I have created this learning activities on classifying shapes and its attributes where students look at each shape on the screen, write its name and how many sides did they see. Then they have to color it differently to make them familiar between two dimensional shapes and three dimensional shapes as they move to upper grade. At the end, they will present to the class as the follow up to check their understanding of the lesson. So, when students are provided with different shapes, they can easily identify the shapes in their every day lives. Learning shapes not only helps children identify and organizes visual information, it helps them learn skills in other subject areas including, math, and science. Moreover, it also helps children understand other signs and symbols and make them fun and enjoyable.




No comments:
Post a Comment