Thursday, April 29, 2021

Domestic Animals

Blog 2

Subject: English

Class: One

 Learning with ICT is to bring variety of instructional events and contextual experience as to realize discovering, comparing, collaborating, networking, doing, making, building, arranging, figuring out, reflecting, sharing, publishing, evaluating, feed backing, changing, etc… of learning for all.

In this blog, I will be writing on the teaching of the topic “Domestic Animals” from the textbook of English, grade one. I found this topic very interesting to teach grade one students because by this time, students are already familiar with so many animals and they also knew some name of the animals. But they may not be aware of domestic animals and wild animals. So in order to know the differences between domestic animals and wild animals, I have chosen this topic to teach them. So, I have used PowerPoint presentation as one of the constructive tool to create simulation.


Steps in creating simulation on PPT

I have created the simulation in Microsoft power point on the topic “Domestic Animals” for grade one by making the best use of all features and tools in it. Firstly, I have selected topic for simulation and downloaded pictures from the Google. Then I inserted the rectangle shape from insert menu bar and placed in front of first introductory slide and applied the animation on it. On the shape I inserted the text box so that I can write about the Domestic Animals.

I have scribbled some pictures and inserted related pictures and text in one slide. After that I added animations and transitions to my images so that they can fit in one page in PowerPoint presentation and to let pictures appear one by one. For them I applied the animation with previous and adjusted the time. For the other animals, I did the same step as mentioned above. I have downloaded sound from YouTube, converted and trimmed. Then I have inserted in PPT.

At the end of the slide I have provided the questions related to domestic animals to let students recall and rethink on what they understood from the simulation.

Instructions for the use of content-based material

I will use this simulation during my lesson development to the students. After I introduced the lesson introduction, I will use this simulation for conveying more information about the content during the lesson development. Instead of making them read the text, we can let students watch the simulation, ask them to listen to the audio carefully and ask them what was it all about. After that we can make them list down the some of the Domestic Animals at their home. In that way, students can clearly understand the concept about the Domestic Animals. We can also make them discuss about the activity questions after they finish watching the simulation video. Let them write the answer for those questions provided in the PowerPoint. After that, I will let them to do the follow up by sharing the answers to the whole class.



No comments:

Post a Comment

  Blog 5 Topic: Types of Transportation Subject: Social Studies Class: Four In this final blog, I have posted simulation on Types of...